FORUMS: list search recent posts

Our First Tutorial

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Misha Tenenbaum
Our First Tutorial
on Mar 31, 2014 at 7:14:27 pm

Hi Guys,

EditStock is going to start posting creative editing tutorials for every scene that we sell on our site. The idea is similar to how videocopilot.net (LOVE THEM) and Greyscalegorilla.com intigrate their awesome tutorials with their products. Here's our first tutorial. It uses the footage from the free sample scene, which you can download on our landing page.

Sample Scene Creative Tutorial.

I would love to know from this community what you think. Any and all feedback is welcome.

Misha

Founder
Misha@EditStock.com
http://www.EditStock.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Our First Tutorial
on Apr 1, 2014 at 7:22:28 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Apr 1, 2014 at 7:23:41 pm

These look useful. The prices are attractive for someone on a learning budget.

I'd like to suggest you offer a multicam clip of a dance recital and a stand-up comedy routine to add to the collection.

I'd like to see some projects that also require a little FX work, like; good and bad chromakey shots, a wire removal job, a tracking problem like replacing and adding effects to a prop gun, or a set that needs artificial extensions... or something that needs to be painted out... say, that ADIDAS logo on the guy's bag, which he carries into the shot and dumps into his cubicle.

I know that's expanding beyond the sphere of pure editing in the editorial sense, but the real world these days often requires editors to also be compositors and colorists, wearing many hats and fixing problems that come in from the field. It's important to know how to tell the story first, certainly, but more and more, compositing completes the shots that tell the story, and a capable editor needs practice with that stuff as well.

(RIP, "Gunsmoke":-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]