FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editor's Bible

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merv House
Editor's Bible
on Aug 14, 2013 at 2:51:04 pm

Hi everyone.

New member here, but long-time user of the site.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask such a question, but I could not find any other appropriate category. I have been working as an assisitant editor on a new reality show to be aired in the new year. This is a multi location, numerous multiple camera project and the amount of footage coming in is enormous.

I have been charged with the task of putting together an editor's bible, to be used by all in-coming editor's for the remaining 8 of 10 episodes starting post-Labour Day

What I am wondering is if anyone on here can direct me to online examples other eidtor's bibles for a reality TV show that I might use a template. I tried doing a goggle search for that and really all I got were hits relating to articles about History channel's "the Bible." Not quite what I was looking for.

Any other advice is welcome as well.

Thank a lot.

Gavin

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Editor's Bible
on Aug 14, 2013 at 6:51:50 pm

Try the search term: "best practices". Also read everything Shane writes.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 15, 2013 at 12:42:22 am

No no...Gavin is looking for an example of a very specific thing. A shot bible is a notebook of pages of locations, what bins or names of files associated with those locations, the same with people. God, I wish I had one as an example. I worked on ONE show that had one, but only for a short while, and it was in physical form, so I can't link to it.

Let me see if I can track one down. THey don't have one there as an example, for the first part of the show?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Scott Cumbo
on Aug 15, 2013 at 12:37:26 am

Hey Gavin,
Don't know if you guys have a senior editor or a lead editor on this project. But if you do, i would consult him/her before putting this together. they can tell you what needs to be inculded from their point of view. Plus their's no better way to piss off an editor than an assitant telling them the do's and don'ts.

just my 2 cents. Good Luck

Scott Cumbo
Lead Editor
Bellator MMA/Spike TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]