FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just starting out, need monitor advice.

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Buss
Just starting out, need monitor advice.
on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:25:33 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm a student editor who has slowly been putting together a home-based film editing setup to compliment my studies. I'm currently in the market for a cheap monitor that will allow me to colour grade at entry level, but acceptable for professional production. I should probably state i'm not a colourist, but rather an enthusiast who would like to handle grading at an acceptable level for paid work.

Perhaps I'm naive, but ideally it'd have to fit between $350-$400AUD (Student). I've been looking at the Catleap monitors, which are South Korean manufactured, they handle 2560X1440 WQHD and are 27", so nice and large. Only thing is, I have no idea what kind of colour space these monitors can handle, or if they'd even be able to display in sRGB or REC. I have the distinct feeling that I'll have to invest in a colourimeter to help calibrate regardless, but if I can avoid initial additional costs, I would appreciate it.

Can anyone help me out with either the information i'm seeking, or an alternative that's just as good?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]