FORUMS: list search recent posts

Older Macbook Pro with customized RAM and Internal Hard Drive VS. Macbook Pro with Retina Display

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Duquette
Older Macbook Pro with customized RAM and Internal Hard Drive VS. Macbook Pro with Retina Display
on Feb 19, 2013 at 9:02:49 pm

Hello,

I am a Final Cut/Premiere video Editor, and need a new laptop. I have to be mobile so can't purchase an iMac... looking to optimize my laptop's speed though. My question is, would it be better to purchase a MBP with RAM/Internal Hardrive upgrades or should I just invest in the newest Retina Display MBP? The Retina Display MBP has an SSD video card which is supposed to be fast...but you can't upgrade RAM nor Internal Hardrive on the newest MacBook Pros. Plus the newest MacBooks have less ports and have problems overheating.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Older Macbook Pro with customized RAM and Internal Hard Drive VS. Macbook Pro with Retina Display
on Feb 20, 2013 at 2:45:53 am

Get the newer NON-Retina MBP if you need the ports. I have one and it runs CIRCLES around my MacPro, and my older MacBook Pro...that died. Plus you can add your own RAM later...upgrade the SSD on your own LATER. Still have firewire without an adapter...and get Thunderbolt and USB 3.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Older Macbook Pro with customized RAM and Internal Hard Drive VS. Macbook Pro with Retina Display
on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:50:16 am

It's really astonishingthe limited choices for professionals from Apple at extremely high prices with limited upgrade ability.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]