FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good Bye LA!

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Good Bye LA!
on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:52:11 am

I wanted to thank all the users for the years of help, For I am leaving Los Angeles and the Post Production world behind. It's been 5 years since I've had a recurring client or a full time job in the Post-Production related field , I've Packed books, Dug holes, and Washed cars, and I'm ready to move on, It may be because of the the economy, or bad connections or no connections, or just bad luck in general, but I'm a smart down to earth guy and I know when its time to move on and now is that time. I haven't "given up" so to speak but this industry just...well...it's not enough to drive me anymore. And after 5 years of barley making ends meet its time to go on to better things. I wanna thank all the users who gave me advice and help through out these last 5 years. I might poke my head in every so often, but I wont be on the forums as much as I use to. Thanks all. Good Luck to everyone!

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Good Bye LA!
on Nov 27, 2012 at 3:30:24 pm

Good luck to you.

I do however want to point out what I've said before: LA is not the World. Wherever you land, don't be surprised if an unexpected new post gig pops up where you never thought to look before.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:50:08 pm

Sorry to hear that Greg, but as Mark said there are certainly opportunities outside of LaLa Land (now more than ever).

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Dec 4, 2012 at 9:29:17 am

Good Luck Greg,

never give up hope. Similar thing happened to me many moons ago - i was made redundant, and ended up selling life Insurance for a year followed by three pushing paper in an office. But I used my previous post skills to on hobby projects to stay sharp, and spotted the need for videos in the company i worked at. Made a video selling the idea of video, aimed directly at the company, and managed to get in front of the board of directors. When the video stopped, they wanted me making their corporate videos!

That was nearly 20 years ago, and whilst i was only at that company for a few more months, I have never worked outside tv since!

Keep you eyes peeled and your wits sharp, something good will happen.

ps. the previous poster was right - LA is one town. Most editors live elsewhere, it's just LA shouts loudest!

adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 4, 2012 at 4:20:42 pm

I agree with Mark. Lots of great jobs outside of LA and New York. I'm in Utah, (a place I'm sure lots of people can't find on a map) and have a great editing / producing job. Plus the cost of living is much lower. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]