FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fab Commercial Visual Effects. How'd they do that?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Fischer
Fab Commercial Visual Effects. How'd they do that?
on Nov 15, 2012 at 5:18:43 am

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this post but I didn't see a forum in the list dedicated to just visual effects. Did I miss it?

Anyway, have you seen the 60 second spot for Fab.com that is all over YouTube?

I'm trying to figure out how they did the effects. Some shots are static but some move, some items may be composited, but he interacts with most of them and they look like they're in the scene. It's really well done but I can't figure it out.

I found the company that did the VFX, but no behind the scenes or explanation. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Fab Commercial Visual Effects. How'd they do that?
on Nov 15, 2012 at 5:24:10 pm

It would only be a guess: motion-controlled camera moves thru the same empty room and he is slapping little stand-in objects, all of which are replaced by composited CGI or practical props shot on a second pass of the motion-controlled camera. Just a guess, probably wrong.

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
on Nov 15, 2012 at 5:39:32 pm

I imagine there are many ways to accomplish some of this. Some could be shot with no person on screen and the room shots are static. Have guy do motions twice...with old props and new props. Then start matting and editing. The clothing shot at the end is definitely a match frame...like the old Bewitched show. You see his hair move when the yellow sweater scene appears. The clock on nightstand is easily just shot static with switched props. The bed scene could be a motion camera...

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Nov 18, 2012 at 2:37:15 am

Call the VFX company, ask them, and report back!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]