FORUMS: list search recent posts

Somebody that I used to know

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
Somebody that I used to know
on Aug 12, 2012 at 8:18:47 pm

Gotye downloaded and remixed YouTube videos of his popular song, and made a new video.

No matter if you like the song it not, it's still very well done and worth a look. I enjoyed it.

Arranged in Ableton Live, composited in Ae.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Anders Utterstrom
Re: Somebody that I used to know
on Aug 12, 2012 at 9:32:46 pm

J, if possible could please contact me at autterstrom@me.com, This is what I dreamed about. Magnificent!

Anders Utterstrom
Chicago, Illinois

Return to posts index

Anders Utterstrom
on Aug 12, 2012 at 9:41:59 pm

J, if possible could please contact me at autterstrom@me.com, This is what I dreamed about. Magnificent!

Anders Utterstrom
Chicago, Illinois

Return to posts index

Anders Utterstrom
on Aug 12, 2012 at 10:21:39 pm

Jeremy, You struck a chord with this video. By all means I'm not an expert, But I'm teaching myself Smoke a I see this as a the best 6 min of video. Where are at? I'm in Chicago.

Anders Utterstrom
Chicago, Illinois

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2012 at 3:27:37 am

[Anders Utterstrom] "Jeremy, You struck a chord with this video. By all means I'm not an expert, But I'm teaching myself Smoke a I see this as a the best 6 min of video. Where are at? I'm in Chicago.
"

I'm in Chicago.

I just linked the video, I didn't edit it, I just enjoyed it. :)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Aug 12, 2012 at 10:38:30 pm

When the original music video debuted, my son who was 17 at the time came running in to show it to me. Since then, we've sat down and watched at least 6 separate versions of his song done as either performance pieces or "mashups" via YouTube.

Gotye's own "remix" is definitely pretty cool - (yep, everybody is a video editor today!) but the one that truly blew me away is still this one.

Link:

Now you see echos of it in many other YouTube videos - but it was pretty amazing months ago when I hadn't EVER seen anything like it.

The concept is so clean and engaging that it still blew me away.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Anders Utterstrom
on Aug 13, 2012 at 12:50:20 am

Bill, I rest my case. Both ideas are good in their own right. I just got so excited and maybe I should have held back my thoughts, but when I see something that I could potentially build, with the right tools...
Well, I shouldn't have mentioned S----e That was wrong!

And I disagree, with everyone being an editor these days. What do you remember from the Grapes of Wrath? What you remember, it's what matters.

It's all within the story. Who cares if it was written on a Remington, Oliver, or a PC using Word.

My words are true, hopefully respectful and maybe, just maybe useful. I like your saying!

Anders,
Chicago, Illinois

Anders Utterstrom
Chicago, Illinois

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2012 at 3:26:07 am

[Bill Davis] "The concept is so clean and engaging that it still blew me away."

Did you watch the Gotye video remix in it's entirety?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 13, 2012 at 2:10:01 pm

I liked it but even more, I like that it showed me that Ingrid Michaelson did a cover. I really like her cover and the video for it. I would like to try to emulate that style in Apple Motion.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2012 at 2:45:54 pm

[Mark Suszko] "I liked it but even more, I like that it showed me that Ingrid Michaelson did a cover. I really like her cover and the video for it. I would like to try to emulate that style in Apple Motion.
"

That's the ironic part, according to the description it was "cut" in Ableton Live, primarily an audio program with some video capabilities.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 13, 2012 at 2:59:46 pm

Cut in Ableton: did you mean; Ingrid's version, or Gotye's?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2012 at 4:04:53 pm

The one I linked to. Gotye's remix video was "cut" in Ableton, at least it says so in the YouTube description.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 13, 2012 at 8:33:22 pm

Well, it makes some sense, ableton is a mutitracking software, used by live DJ's and VJ's in clubs performances.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 13, 2012 at 8:37:38 pm

[Mark Suszko] "Well, it makes some sense, ableton is a mutitracking software, used by live DJ's and VJ's in clubs performances.
"

Certainly.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Aug 13, 2012 at 11:49:35 pm

The best version is, of course, the Star Wars version.

Return to posts index

Anders Utterstrom
on Aug 14, 2012 at 12:21:10 am

A and everyone else!

I would love to get together Addison/Clark anytime soon.

God damn, these videos are good, going to the cubs game!

Anders Utterstrom
Chicago, Illinois

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]