FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sharing project files with an editor

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Black
Sharing project files with an editor
on Mar 29, 2012 at 3:55:43 pm

The question that i have is how to effectively share all assets and sequences with an offsite editor.
I have been shooting interviews using a variety of formats in a 2 camera set up. Shooting additional b-roll footage. Acquiring the audio part of the interview with a Zoom H4N.

I started using FCP. We make a rough sequence, select camera 1 and 2 to match up, select b-roll footage and then copy that folder to a hard drive and ship to the editor. Unfortunately, not all of the assets are in a single folder for easy copying. When we get busy, or sloppy- it can be cumbersome to find the correct sequence, the AVCHD footage that was 'logged and transferred', etc. Although the audio files, the HDDSLR files, etc are nicely organized in a single project folder- many of the other assets are in other folders as specified in the preferences.

Is there a program- Premier or FCX- that upon ingesting the assets, especially the AVCHD files-places them all in one folder for easy Finder copy?

Please excuse my ignorance in advance.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
Re: Sharing project files with an editor
on Mar 29, 2012 at 4:47:54 pm

In FCP you could just use media manager and either copy or move or even transcode to all one codec and all the current media would be put into one location.

In Premiere or After Effects the equivalent would be the collect command.

Jeremy Doyle
http://www.jeremydoyle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]