FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad camera work

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Grote, Jr.
Bad camera work
on Mar 12, 2012 at 8:51:52 pm

More or less a rant but how many editors have been challenged with fixing bad camera work.

I am working on a project that the person operating the camera has no idea to set any depth of field what so ever. Everything was in focus, from the fence they were shooting through to the house three blocks away. And don't even get me started with shot composition, what a joke that is.

Cheers,

John

J. Grote, Jr.

Return to posts index

Renato Sanjuán
Re: Bad camera work
on Mar 12, 2012 at 10:21:21 pm

Worry not.

It’s well known that, upon seeking access to Editor Heaven, the Patron Saint will examine your hands to see if they bear the signs of having chored through badly shot footage, poorly scripted dialogue, indecisive clients and insanely short deadlines.

“And the doors of Editor Heaven will be open for you, yay, and for those who miss them there will be Kems and Steenbecks and linear editing suites, and even that Matrox linear-non linear hybrid from the 90’s that I cannot remember the name of.

And there will be the perfect nle for everyone, with trackless magnetic timelines and demagnetized heaps of tracks to choose from, and renders and codecs will be forgotten, and roundtripping will be perfect but unnecessary because all footage will be perfectly shot and framed and sound will be pristine.”

At least I think that’s what they told me when I was at school…

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Mar 13, 2012 at 9:11:31 am

reminds me of the time i was playing out a news item to our main transmission centre, when a Technical Supervisor came on the talkback to ask me who the cameraman was, and if he owned a tripod?

I told him the name, and said "yes, he has a tripod. Look closely at the edit and you can see it propped up against the wall behind the interview!"

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 13, 2012 at 1:09:10 pm

LOL, that one started my day off laughing, thanks.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Mar 19, 2012 at 10:43:32 pm

Everything was in focus? That's a problem I'd like to have. Many times all I get in focus is the wall just behind my subject.

-Andrew

2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]