FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice for an aspiring editor?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Rubera
Advice for an aspiring editor?
on Feb 24, 2012 at 2:44:08 am

Just got off my first AE gig. Trying to find work. I'm not soliciting myself here, just looking for pointers or tips in what to look for, what to stay away from, and to hopefully get a better sense as to how to prepare myself and excel.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Advice for an aspiring editor?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:48:00 pm

I would go to the Video section of the COW ( http://reels.creativecow.net/ ) and take a look at the videos. Re-watch what you like and try to break it down and figure out what you like. When I took art classes as a youth we studied the greats all the time for inspiration. You may want to check out Vimeo as well. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
Re: Advice for an aspiring editor?
on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:51:34 pm

Eric, make what`s wanted by the viewers, listenners (some people just listen and don`t bother watching the pictures), and customers. Do, make, everything that you have to. Find, adapt, or write the story. Find the people, props, and locations. Use a good camera or cameras and microphone. Make a live feed and an edited version too. Market and distribute it yourself. Make the advertising magazine plates and radio ads. Pay your talent and gaffers yourself. If you don`t have enough money for this, just make a different production before it. Fred Jodry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]