FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inspiring productions?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Inspiring productions?
on Jan 2, 2012 at 9:18:50 pm

Hi,

I've been on the hunt recently for some really inspiring productions so I can learn what makes them great and adopt/tweak and use them to inspire my own creativity.

I don't just mean a great way of telling a story, but also in terms of clever (do-able) effects that I can mimic.

Searching through YouTube is like searching for a needle in a haystack and searching Google for 'award winning' video/film/media etc is yielding some pretty meek examples in my opinion.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Inspiring productions?
on Jan 3, 2012 at 12:00:59 pm

That's a pretty broad request as you're not asking for specific kinds of effects - motion graphics, greenscreen, titles, in-camera? I'd start here on the COW reels section http://reels.creativecow.net/ you'll see some quality work.

Steve

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Inspiring productions?
on Jan 3, 2012 at 7:22:41 pm

I will say that the most visually arresting thing I've seen lately is an old documentary called "Man On Wire". About a crazy Frenchman who wire-walked between the twin towers of the World Trade Center, back in the 70's. Captivating narrative, imaginative camera direction and terrific editing. A little bit of motion graphics and PIP effects, but really based on mostly "the art of the cut".

It was on IFC channel a while back; I DVR'd it and only got arounf to watching it last week. Well worth your time.

Also, any time I feel I need to wake up my visual creativity, I like to look at the DVD of Michele Gondry's work, "the Director's Series". Very inspirational.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]