FORUMS: list search recent posts

Planning a move to the US, looking for info on green card, etc...

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson Valdes
Planning a move to the US, looking for info on green card, etc...
on Dec 18, 2011 at 4:01:03 pm

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, sorry I couldn't find the right forum for it, (tried on the "jobs" area but works differently...)

I'm planning a move next year to NY to try to work there as an editor. Of course, I don't have a green card, I will just have the usual 3 months permit for staying...

I know it is difficult to get a green card, but will I get any chance to work without it? Is it possible to get it if someone is very interested in contracting me? I have a solid showreel and more than 5 years of experience, so in this case is it very difficult to find jobs now?

Thanks in advance for the info, and sorry for the offtopic.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Planning a move to the US, looking for info on green card, etc...
on Dec 20, 2011 at 10:51:53 pm

Try the following Web site: http://www.h1base.com/

Return to posts index

krisztian majdik
on Dec 22, 2011 at 12:45:11 am

There are 3 steps you need to follow:

1. get an immigration lawyer with experience in getting visas for artists in film & TV

2. get an immigration lawyer with experience in getting visas for artists in film & TV

3. get an immigration lawyer with experience in getting visas for artists in film & TV

Unless you get a fulltime job at a post house who will sponsor you for an H1B (deadline is april 4th I believe), you will need to apply for a EB-1 greencard or a O-1 VISA (I am currently on an O-1, and it takes some time to prepare the application). With both, you have to prove that you are an artist of "extraordinary ability" in order to qualify for the VISA. It's not easy to qualify but a good lawyer will help you with the process and it's absolutely a necessity to have a lawyer.The O-1 requires a sponsor, I am unsure if you need one for the greencard.

Hope that helps,

Krisztian

Return to posts index

rerekun oia
on Dec 22, 2011 at 3:40:29 am

try to register on this site:

http://goo.gl/88DyD its like a lottery but they are from US gov.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]