FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any Suggestion

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Obi
Any Suggestion
on Nov 17, 2011 at 5:49:33 am

Can any body help please? I am looking for any suggestions on any basic editing theory and creativity DVD series that go through lessons on developing fil editing skill? I have been searching online tirelesslly and endlessly to no avail and can find nothing. I am not software specific. I cannot attend classes so I'm looking for a learning tool condensed in a DVD series that teach various types of cuts, editing certain genres, transitions, artistic editing techniques etc. I use Sony Vegas personally, and I am an at an intermediate level. This shouldn't matter though, as I am interested in learning technique, and the reasoning of deciding when to cut from one scene to the other etc. Please help if you can.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Any Suggestion
on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:56:26 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428441/

The Cutting Edge is a pretty good introduction to the topic.

Return to posts index

krisztian majdik
on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:35:10 pm

I also suggest to watch movies and scenes you find interesting with the sound turned off. You'll be amazed how suddenly your focus shifts from spectator to analyst. Then rewatch certain scenes with the sound on, break the scene down, figure out why they cut it in a certain way and how the music and SFX helped the scene.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Nov 19, 2011 at 9:40:49 am

Have you looked at "itunes U" (the educational section of the itunes store)?

I can't vouch for anything on there as I haven't watched any of it yet, but I see that if you search for "film editing" and choose "itunes U" in the filter section, some things do come up which might hit the mark for you.

Good luck in your search.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]