FORUMS: list search recent posts

My first movie

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stephen
My first movie
on Jun 10, 2011 at 9:02:58 pm

Hey guys.
I'm a pretty new at this whole video editing thing. I've had some lessons, meaning a friend showed me some stuff, and I have a general knowledge of it but this is really my first big project.
I've been an actor for a bit now and well, in this video, I am the actor/athlete in the video.
I know that I don't use Final Cut (I use Sony Vegas Pro) but I was just looking for some professional criticism and I figured this was the place to ask! :)

Thanks a lot guys

Cheers

Return to posts index

David Stephen
Re: My first movie
on Jun 12, 2011 at 6:28:29 pm

No one? :(

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:24:06 am

Short of mailing people DVDs of your video it gets pretty lucky to find receiving computers that can wrestle the internet for demonstratable video and audio. Do you have a slide- show of pictures and typed dialog or a sound file to present what the sound is? That could be workable.

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Jun 23, 2011 at 6:36:26 am

David, I decided to get the least resourceful (that`s at least resourceful) of that unmapped snow drift between my ears so I pulled the molex plug to the hard drive of my computer, slapped a Puppy Linux CD into the optical drive and found myself ready to check your post with video and audio in a matter of minutes. (A newest edition of a Ubuntu or Fedora Org CD might do the same). I was able to download 17 seconds of your flash video then grab a few later spots before the memory sticks filled too much so here`s what I dug or dug into,
1. The audio was quite understandable and full but it would be helpful to not sound like you were talking through fan blades or into a barrel.
2. Unlike many other beginners and all too many directors with beards who (always) say that they are testing a camera (or testing everything), your video certainly does go forward.
3. In other words, if you are making a tv commercial then mostly you are sailing or rolling with the pros and can turn things into business right away but if you are making a movie or a show then I`d toss a way more sentimental story at your thirsty blinking audience.
4. If you keep the idea that it`s all business, don`t let the audio or video develop problems unto noticable distraction, and make sure the material and story don`t get thin then there will be nothing to learn or want that won`t require more time than you can hold your breath for, for maybe the next 60 years, otherwise writing and engraving sheet music or being a touch- up lithograph technician for a magazine or newspaper is an easier way to make a living in mass maedia.
5. If you`re making shows then don`t break a leg (unlike what I`m seeing, remember, 60 years) or if you are in show business, break a leg.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]