FORUMS: list search recent posts

best medium for stills

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerret Warner
best medium for stills
on Apr 24, 2011 at 2:20:27 pm

As a preface to my question, I usually work in Final Cut Pro, and am used to using many stills as a part of my work.

I've been trying to continue work on a Powerpoint presentation--made up almost exclusively of still photos--that another producer started. I'm not fond of Powerpoint, but I've tried working within it to please my client. But I'm now beginning to think that the better approach would be to simply recreate the show in Final Cut Pro and have more control over it, with moves on the stills.

The only potential problem I foresee is that, since this show is part of a live theatrical presentation, in which the a slide will freeze at certain points and a live performer will take the stage, and then the images and pre-recorded sound will continue. In FCP that frozen image may not look up to snuff.

I suppose a DVD Studio Pro slide show might be an alternative, but I've never tried that and am unsure how much of a learning curve I could expect.

Would welcome any wisdom from others who have faced something similar.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: best medium for stills
on Apr 24, 2011 at 5:01:54 pm

Wow, I would go with Keynote....the most elegant way to integrate video and stills and it looks great.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Gerret Warner
Re: best medium for stills
on Apr 24, 2011 at 8:47:18 pm

Interesting thought. Will check out how many photos it will take; I've got a bunch, along with audio.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]