FORUMS: list search recent posts

Post House editor salary rates...

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Meredith Cruse
Post House editor salary rates...
on Sep 24, 2010 at 11:12:27 pm

Hi,

I am a producer in Los Angeles with years of experience producing indie shorts and corporate videos. I am helping a friend of mine evaluate a company that he may acquire. We both know production and know post production rates, but only on a project basis like
hourly and weekly rates.

I am looking for the range of salaries for in-house
editors (like ones who work at a post house full time with benefits not project contingent) ranging from offline Avid and FCP cutters with Motion Graphics experience to Smoke finishers. And if by chance you have assistant editor rates as well that would be greatly appreciated. Due to labor laws, we are not allowed to ask what the company currently pays its employees. It is strictly for our own education and not to be published or quoted.

I know this can be a sticky subject and I don't mean to offend, I'm just looking for some ball park figures so we know what we're getting into.

If you feel more comfortable emailing off list please do so at Meredith@frameproductions.com.

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers,
Meredith

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: Post House editor salary rates...
on Sep 24, 2010 at 11:46:28 pm

You might want to post this in Business and Marketing. There is a lot of salary discussion there at times.

Scott Sheriff
Director
SST Digital Media
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]