FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to do this short video?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Wright
How to do this short video?
on Aug 28, 2010 at 2:27:50 pm

Does anyone recognize what effects or workflow was used to create this video? I'm particularly interested in the large bulletin board look as well as the way the camera moves and shakes in different directions and speeds. Is it Motion? After Effects? iMovie? The moves are nice... FWIW I believe it was done by an intern:

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: How to do this short video?
on Aug 28, 2010 at 6:27:08 pm

Looks like an intern did it. :)
Nothing special here, and the camera moves are a just OK.

Could have been done in a variety of programs, but most likely it was After Effects.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Aug 29, 2010 at 4:03:33 pm

you can do it in AE or motion.

Return to posts index

Paul Wright
on Aug 29, 2010 at 5:16:47 pm

I found a program (via another Creative Cow forum) for AE called Sure Target 2 at videocopilot.net that does exactly what I needed :)

Here's the demo if you're interested:

http://www.videocopilot.net/preset/sure_target_2/

Paul

Return to posts index

Dennis Reibensteel
on Sep 30, 2010 at 4:39:26 pm

I tried Sure Target as well some time ago. It's a very nice plug-in, especially when you do these little typo film, which are supposed to look 3D (not THAT 3D).

I vote for AE aswell. Personally I don't like the camera movement. A discreet smooth wiggle would've done the trick and looked more realistic. And I would use a little bit less motion blur. Unless it's wanted.

Though, I like the fact that the "camera" sometimes goes out of focus. I used that in some motion graphic films, which were supposed to look amateur filmed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]