FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grass Valley Edius

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlton Rahmani
Grass Valley Edius
on Aug 9, 2010 at 5:45:42 pm

Any Edius users here? I've seen it sold around a couple of places, but otherwise can't find a lot of information about it, or what distinguishes it from other programs, why it costs more, etc.
Just looking for a little information. . .

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Grass Valley Edius
on Aug 9, 2010 at 11:13:52 pm

It has a lot of bang for the buck. Not the best in the world but then, quite affordable for all. I like a lot of things about it. I think you'd dig it.

Return to posts index

Carlton Rahmani
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:07:48 am

Currently I'm working on Sony Vegas, which I'm enjoying.
I'm not trying to limit my repertoire to any one program, but I haven't seen any producers that use Edius, or places looking for anyone experienced with the format. (It's almost ALL Avid and FCP, with some Premiere and Vegas on the periphery.) My philosophy in terms of NLEs is Whichever works best for you, then use it. But what does Edius have that, let's say, Sony Vegas doesn't (especially since it does costs more)?
Is there a field that it's particular to? I think I saw something about news broadcasting, but that's a maybe. . .
Idle curiosity, mostly.
Thanks. . .

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
on Aug 10, 2010 at 2:25:17 pm

It's made by Grass Valley/Canopus, and usually a cheap version comes with their hardware. The local news station in my area uses Edius for everything, and some guys I've worked with have good things to say about it.

Pretty sure they've got a free trial version on their website; go check it out and see what you think.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]