FORUMS: list search recent posts

Calgon take me away!

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner hester
Calgon take me away!
on May 10, 2010 at 11:42:58 am

So like,
I come into the studio just before 4am only to find a dead APC int he edit suite.
bummer. I little rearranging of some cables and I'm up and going at a snail's pace. I head back out to the van and grab a case of bottled water. As I wrestle with a my card getting back in the building, I drop the water and spend a while collecting singles from the sidewalk and bushes. No worries.
deep breath.
So, deep voiced from no sleep, I set up to lay down a scratch track for a longform video I'm on. I find I have to reroute a couple of more ac cables to do so.
I stumble my way through the script. Takes forever as there are multiple versions.
Finally get done (whew)
I quickly rough out the vo, trimming up all my stumbles and whatnot. I then decide to take a lil break before tearing into the rough cut so I check my email...
and find two revised scripts waiting for me.
:(
It aint 7am yet. I'm beat.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Calgon take me away!
on May 10, 2010 at 1:52:32 pm

Some days you're the windshield; some days, you're the bug....

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 10, 2010 at 7:50:37 pm

You do realize that you've just caused thousands of readers here to wonder if Calgon might be a University of Southern California project on public transport - or maybe a race of bad guys on Star Trek.

Sucks to be old. I know.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 11, 2010 at 10:23:50 pm

Look at it this way, all the crappy stuff happened by 7am so now you have the rest of the for things to just get better. :)

-Andrew

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]