FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for feedback on Music Video

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Kaczorowski
Looking for feedback on Music Video
on May 8, 2010 at 8:23:37 am

I have produced/shoot/edited a music video for a contest and am looking for views and feedback. It was chosen as a finalist and now I have until May 15th to get the most views to become the official music video for the song.

Please take a moment to watch and let me know what I did well, and what I could have done better. I am always looking for constructive criticism to hone my work.

Thank you very much for your time. I value the input here at cow community immensely.

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: Looking for feedback on Music Video
on May 11, 2010 at 8:15:44 am

hi joe,
overall its a nice little video - for me there are only two problems (but thats probably too harsh a word seeing as its all subjective).

1 - the camera was too static.
Too many of the shots were obviously taken from the same few locked-off wides. Music videos are one of the few places that a constantly roving/floating camera can work without really annoying the viewer. Use that to really give your video a sense of waking up to the world round the girl.

2 - Clumsy colour grading.
throughout i felt i was seeing a plug-in that had been slapped on for effect without too much thought for why...then as the final verse/chorus kicks in and you change the plug-in for a bright sunny one, but again leaving it to look overly artificial. You have good ideas, but just need to practice the various arts in order to progress them. Even if you are wanting a fantasy early morning look, to make it convincing you have to ground enough of the look in reality for the viewer to understand your intentions, then you add the fantasy into the blend to take the reality to your chosen place...and your viewer along with you. Study and learn from nature and you'll find you can enhance it so much more creatively.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the competition

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]