FORUMS: list search recent posts

How was this effect achieved?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
How was this effect achieved?
on Feb 18, 2010 at 6:54:33 am

Hi People,

can anybody help me with this question: The Music Video of the French Hip Hop Group IAM has a very unique style of zooming in throughout the whole clip.
Any idea how this was done?????

THANX!!!!!!

Sascha

Return to posts index

Glen Montgomery
Re: How was this effect achieved?
on Feb 18, 2010 at 1:39:04 pm

This is an early Michel Gondry video when he was still starting out. They talk about it a little in the special features on his director's series dvd (which I think you can netflix, well worth it). From what I remember the zooms are a type of morph from one shot to another. Each shot was set up to be a CU within the previous shot or a continuation of the story "move". Most of Gondry's work is just preproduced to death, the amount of planning done to pull off amazing feats with otherwise normal effects blows my mind. Wish I could add further explanation, but thats the limit to what I know about the video.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 18, 2010 at 3:08:57 pm

Watching the Gondry DVD is like taking a masters' degree course in video/film, and I don't know about you, but when I watched it, it just energized me into a fit of my own creativity. Very inspirational. I also recommend the Spike Jonze and Chris Cunnimgham editions of this DVD series to anyone in the biz.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Mike Cohen
on Feb 19, 2010 at 1:48:01 am

and speaking of amazing work to watch and get inspired, check out the pre-District 9 work of Neill Blomkamp and his colleagues
http://www.spyfilms.com/

Yeah, Gondry is amazing.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Feb 24, 2010 at 10:19:05 am

Amazing site - thanx for the Tip!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]