FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just needed to say hi to old friends

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie King
Just needed to say hi to old friends
on Feb 3, 2010 at 2:03:31 pm

Hey guys,
Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I miss everyone here and think about you often. I probably shouldn't have resigned as a forum leader, but felt since there were newer blood hanging around and I was becomming a dinosaur after retirement, I should open it up. I hope everyone is doing well and would love to hear from you all.
Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Las Vegas, Nevada
Charlie@proking.net

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Just needed to say hi to old friends
on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:29:26 am

Old is relative. A seasoned perspective is never out of style, Charlie.

Return to posts index

Kathlyn Lindeboom
on Feb 4, 2010 at 7:58:34 pm

Thanks for stopping by. Glad things are going well. Hope to see you in Vegas in April.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
Mistress of Mmmooooo
Join my LinkedIn network
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Feb 4, 2010 at 9:24:57 pm

I would love to see everyone at NAB. I was voted in as the Craft 3 (Film and Television) Representative for IATSE Local 720. They have an Avid Express Pro 4 setup on a MAC OSX. I am doing a couple projects for members and setting up to teach a class in editing. I told the Training Director about the COW, he said he would put a link on the Union Website and mention it in the union news letter. I will probably need a few pointers on editing myself, now since this is a totally different Avid than what I have used, and since I haven't used an Avid in about 5 years, I am a little rusty on it. But editing technique is still pretty much the same.
Miss all of you.
Charlie

Las Vegas, Nevada
Charlie@proking.net

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 4, 2010 at 9:43:07 pm

What's an Avid? :-)

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Feb 5, 2010 at 12:42:05 am

Well, I will say, I was actually getting better results with Vegas Video, and Premiere Pro for the work I was doing at the hotel. Altho most of my work was compositing so After Effects was my main program, with the final touches in which ever of the two afore mentioned editing programs worked for that particular project.
Charlie

Las Vegas, Nevada
Charlie@proking.net

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Feb 12, 2010 at 2:13:59 pm

My man, Charlie!
How the hay are ya, man? I hope you are rockin' like Dokken on some labors of love. Lay em on us. Whatcha doin'?
It's great to hear from you again.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Feb 12, 2010 at 6:40:06 pm

I edited highlites of music presentations for a friend to audition for America's Got Talent, and I just finished putting a slide show together for another friends 50th Anniversary to surprise his wife on Valentines Day. The slide show was a success, I think, in that the guy was crying as he watched it. I told him if we got half the response from his wife that I got from him, I had been paid in full.
Grinner, my friend, I think I miss you the most, not being around here. Oh, I must say, Ya sure look different with the beard.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Charlie@proking.net

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Feb 12, 2010 at 10:36:03 pm

Looks vary these days:

which one is me!?
lol

we'll have to hook up again one of these daze, man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]