FORUMS: list search recent posts

What tablet are you using?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Byfield
What tablet are you using?
on Jan 22, 2010 at 9:10:32 pm

Looks like it's been a while since this has been visited...

I'm in the market for a Wacom tablet and was wondering what other editors/compositors who use them prefer in regards to brand, model and size. Is any body using the type that can do double duty as a screen as well?

Return to posts index

Ian Johnson
Re: What tablet are you using?
on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:22:33 pm

I'm using a Bamboo Pen/Touch as a mouse replacement for editing. I used to use an Intuos 3, but I actually like this one a little better. The small size is better suited to navigation, needing smaller movements. The surface feels a little like paper, which I like, and my Intuos tended to squeak when I set my palm on it, which got annoying.

The touch capability doesn't apply much to Media Composer, and always uses relative positioning like a mouse, rather than absolute like the pen. I can still use my fingers to scroll the timeline, but I have to remind myself that I can do it.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:36:34 pm

Intuous by wacom. Hard to find a non-Wacom tablet anymore, it boils down now to which size and model. Mine came with a wireless mouse that sits on the tablet but I never use it. I have liked the pen since I first got to use one, but right now I use it less because the tiny roller ball ont he Apple mouse is very handy. I go tot he pen more now when in photoshop. Mouse use in PS is barbaric:-)

Return to posts index

Dan Archer
on Jan 26, 2010 at 6:16:32 pm

Wacom Intous, Model PTZ631W. Perfect size. Wide screen feel. I dont use the POS mouse either. I am addicted the the mac mouse nipple. I did not know there was anything other than wacom. HA!

A cut is a cut & a dissolve is a disolve, and not just anybody with a system is a pro.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jan 27, 2010 at 6:06:51 pm

[Dan Archer] "Wacom Intous, Model PTZ631W."

Same one here. I love it. Before it got it, I had a lot of wrist pain from mouse use. No longer! My one wish is that it had a little scroll wheel built into the stylus.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Bobby Fishbough
on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:20:00 am

I've been using the wacom tablet since 1998 for video editing. First used it with Quantel Edit Box & Henry which was designed to be used with Wacom. There was no mouse option. I later adopted it for Final Cut and Avid which it work very well. I currently use a Graphire CTE 640 6x8 or medium, and the Bamboo small. The smaller size allows you to cover more area quicker, but when doing precise rotoscoping, and with avid animate, the larger tablet is better. You also have an option to zoom in with the larger Graphire tablet. The mouse is like working with a rock in your hand. I can't believe it's still around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]