FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kindle II spot

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Kindle II spot
on Nov 6, 2009 at 8:00:12 pm

If you're in the US or a close media market be sure to see the current TV spot for the Amazon Kindle II. It's done in a stop motion / animation style of a model with various props and set dressings. The art direction / design is also truly great.

In wondering how this was produced I realized that it could easily have been shot with a DSLR, and not even the newer canons which shoot video. However it was captured there is a LOT of editing used to bring this, one of the best spots of the year, together.

Big time congrats to the agency, designers, crew and post people who created it.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Kindle II spot
on Nov 7, 2009 at 11:19:11 pm

I love the rough primative look. Saw it last night and you're right... it looks like it was a fun project.
Funny how stop motion is coming back in style.
every 20-30 years indeed.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Nov 8, 2009 at 1:28:42 am

There is a new car commercial shot with stills and tilt-shift. Not sure what car it is for - I don't watch much television.

I'm sure you've seen this however:

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Nov 8, 2009 at 7:18:16 am

I'm pretty sure that's the CrumplePop 'Shrink Ray' plugin.
It's pretty easy to use, but your footage will look more like a miniature if shot from a higher than normal angle. It also helps enhance the Force Perspective effect to have a lamppost in the FG.

http://www.crumplepop.com/?page_id=19

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:58:20 pm

You need to check out this music video in the "Video-Reels" section of the COW:

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/her-morning-elegance

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Nov 9, 2009 at 8:20:32 pm

Thanks, Stephen. Brilliant piece of work!! AND... I guess we now know where the concept for the Kindle spot likely came from.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 10, 2009 at 10:12:34 pm

I liked the link to crumple pop, the polaroid effect is a cute free timesaver plug-in... though what audience under thirty would realize what it means anymore? :-)

As far as the shrink ray effect, can't you do that for free just by layering a blurred and a clean track and inserting a alpha matte gradient ramp between them?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 10, 2009 at 10:22:05 pm

As for the Shrink Ray, I think it would be easer to borrow the electro-magnetic shrink ray for Wayne Szalinski of Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Plus, your video project would end in some fun wacky adventure. :- )

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]