FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Fun, Unique Editing Resource

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justine Rosenthal
New Fun, Unique Editing Resource
on Oct 15, 2009 at 8:03:49 pm

Hey video lovers, my name is Justine from Comedy Central and I just wanted to let you and your community members know about a new video-based fan challenge on The Colbert Nation site. With the video editing challenge, we're offering a suite of high-res Colbert graphics and videos to use to make your own awesome, personalized mash-up. Even better, your submission may have the chance to run on-air on Comedy Central, alongside your username! We think it's a fun, unique resource for you to use to show off your video editing skills. Enjoy!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: New Fun, Unique Editing Resource
on Oct 16, 2009 at 2:26:47 pm

We usually do this sort of thing for money, not just the lulz.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 16, 2009 at 3:01:57 pm

[Mark] We usually do this sort of thing for money, not just the lulz.

I agree. However, you may want to try the Videomaker community. Their audience is mainly people who do video as a hobby.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Justine Rosenthal
on Oct 16, 2009 at 3:42:31 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! It's a really fun thing to try out anyway if you enjoy video editing. Plus Colbert is funny!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 16, 2009 at 4:09:25 pm

Happy to help.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 16, 2009 at 6:41:16 pm

Justine-

Since you're looking in on our little community I'd like to offer congratulations and my sincere admiration for the team of writers and producers who first thought up then executed last nights "Dow breaks 10,000" piece. The effort of capturing the footage must have been stupendous and the end product one of the funniest pieces on television this year.

Can we assume that this clip will soon be available on your website?

Return to posts index

Justine Rosenthal
on Oct 16, 2009 at 9:38:54 pm

Thanks for watching, and the great idea. I'll check with the team, but no guarantees, so hope you can enjoy all the cool stuff we've got now!

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 18, 2009 at 7:34:13 pm

Hey Justine -

Like the man said up above, the majority of us participating in this forum edit. composite, etc. for money. But there's another spot here that I've noticed that you have not posted which would probably be a lot more responsive.

Click on "Change Forum"and go to "JOBS OFFERED - Low/No Pay." You're sure to find a lot of people there who are just starting out. This is also more likely to get you people in Comedy Central's primary demographic.

Return to posts index

Justine Rosenthal
on Oct 19, 2009 at 1:32:04 pm

Hi Nick --

Thanks for the suggestion.I really appreciate it! I hope you got to try out the Colbert Video Challenge anyways on your spare time because it's funny and a lot of fun. Thanks again for your suggestion!

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 20, 2009 at 3:14:53 pm

Who is this Colbert guy? I have heard of him on the republican blogs, but did not know it was a comedy show. Interesting.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]