Mark Suszko
Just 2 very nice animated pieces
on Aug 10, 2009 at 2:00:39 am

and

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Just 2 very nice animated pieces
on Aug 10, 2009 at 7:16:07 pm

Mark, that is super cool. Thanks for sharing.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Just 2 very nice animated pieces
on Aug 10, 2009 at 7:57:48 pm

They don't have that much in common with each other, except for a certain feelign of wistfulness. I like the JCB one for the naive childlike style and the 2.5-D mutiplane animation. i felt like if I spent enough time, I could do somethign similar. I had done a spot in that style, once, but it was all single-plane and much cruder. I animated it on a linear analog setup, using a Pinnacle Alladin of all things, to feed the pieces in and move them around.

My wife watched the Olympus PEN one and wondered aloud what happened to the guy's wife and kid; the story progression there was not clear for her - did he divorce, did they die ina flaming car wreck, did he come out of the closet and start a new life with another man? What happened to his baby? My take was that it was a very self-centered look at only the one guy, and she expected that once he had his own family, he would be defined only by that new dynamic.

I think PEN was influenced or maybe inspired by a Japanese amateur film you can look up on youtube called "wolf and pig". Guy in wolf mask stop-mo animated, chasing a piggy around his apartment and outside. Can't tell which came first of if they happened at the same time but ignorant of each other. I do know that as soon as I saw Wolf and Pig, I said that it would be a good vehicle for certain types of commercials.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]