Most awesome commercial this week
on Jul 28, 2009 at 7:11:43 pm

Mini-doc followed bytm he spot:

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Most awesome commercial this week
on Jul 28, 2009 at 9:52:02 pm

wow
by comparison, the beer spot I just worked in which a poor stunt man was levelled by a poodle behind the wheel somehow falls flat now:

lol
Prius planting people FTW. Drunken dogs driving FTL.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:45:34 pm

Grinner, I thought this car thing was a Moddin' Art outtakes clip of your attempts at "drifting":-P

As a marketing tool, the Prius stuff is going to make Patra Haden a very rich lady, I think. I wound up downloading 4 of her songs last night. She does a killer acapella version of the Beach Boy's "God Only Knows", where she's not just doubling all the harmony vocals, but all the instruments as well. Really pretty. ALso check out her cover of Coldplay's "Yellow" or her cover of the complete "The Who Sells Out" album.

Her cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believeing" is rather, um amusing. Starts out awesome, then gets kinda Bill Shatner in the middle.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:50:13 pm

It's amazing how many items are hopping on the "green" bandwagon, from cars that get less mpg than a Datsun in the 70s to a plastic electronic device.
It's really not unlike a beer advertising as healthy.
lol
Some advertisers are convenced they lead consumers or can fool them. It's why so many agencies are so temporary.

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Jul 29, 2009 at 1:05:54 pm

Love the waterfall at 4:19

Steve

Jump to the FFP Website

View Steve Kownacki's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 29, 2009 at 5:20:36 pm

[Steve Kownacki] "Love the waterfall at 4:19"

And did you notice the single guys in silver, down-river from the waterfall, representing jumping fish?

This kind of detail level is what makes ti fun to watch a spot again and again, you glimpse new things in it every time. That, the marketers hope, translates to the actual sales message getting thru the clutter and embedding iteslf in t he consumer's subconscious.

Breaking our learned filters against commercials is the key to any good spot. You can usually do it with humor, sometimes with real drama, and sometimes, just with plain ART. Like these spots.

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:13:23 am

So are you going to buy the product ...?!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 30, 2009 at 2:02:15 pm

Not on impulse, no, obviously... but it will stay top-of-mind, so in a conversation with somebody about buying a car, it is going to come up. On such gossamer threads of possibility, mighty marketing empires are forged.

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Jul 30, 2009 at 2:31:17 pm

Probably not. But I'm thinking about being a tree for Halloween.

Steve

Jump to the FFP Website

View Steve Kownacki's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Aug 11, 2009 at 4:45:27 am

I had wondered how they did this spot - it is amazing. It is also what separates Honda from GM. The whole approach to advertising. GM advertises objects. Honda advertises emotions.

Return to posts index

Jay Huubs
on Aug 19, 2009 at 8:00:41 pm

I saw a Lowe's spot yesterday that had me chomping at the bit to say how genius it is. The spot is for Lowe's and they are playing at how everyone is stuggling financialy. So they show a shot of their name on the building "Lowe's" and then super-impose (sp) a T at the end of their name, to spell Lowest, as in lowest prices. They use a push broom, a car air freshener, and other items that look like T's. Now I don't know who in the chain came up with the idea, but it strikes as so simple it's awesome.

"Life's a pitch and then you buy."
-Billy Mays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]