FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Tips/Techniques?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brodner
Editing Tips/Techniques?
on Jul 22, 2009 at 8:08:09 pm

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good site/article for some trendy video editing techniques, mainly for use in music videos. I'm getting bored with the same 'ol slow motion/cross dissolve/time it up to the beat style of editing that I have been doing lately.I'm looking to change things up a bit and try something new. Thanks

Bones

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Editing Tips/Techniques?
on Jul 23, 2009 at 12:16:29 am

[Michael] I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good site/article for some trendy video editing technique

A lot of the video tutorials here on the COW cover cool techniques.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Jul 23, 2009 at 3:35:18 pm

Buy the Director's Label DVDs (Michel Gondry, Chris Cunningham, et al) for inspiration.

"The deepest blues are black" - Foo Fighters
(this doesn't help me when I'm chroma keying!)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 24, 2009 at 10:36:26 pm

The thing that I do that works well, it watch a lot of this stuff. Tough since MTV doesn't do music videos anymore. But they are online.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roy Schneider
on Jul 26, 2009 at 11:19:21 pm

I spent many a night recording and playing back videos from MTV trying to figure out how the did it!!! Besides the COW, try Video Co-Pilot great After Effects projects.
Roy

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jul 29, 2009 at 12:51:09 am

Creativity should be the easy part of the gig. Having time to do what you'd like to should be your challenge morew than not not having ideas. It's an art. Don't make it a template.
You are not going to find inspiration for great video in an article, man. I think most here will admit their cable bill is a write off because MTV is their research. Even now that it has no music videos, it's low budget scripted reality over and over can be a great lesson on what not to do as a producer and a great bail out as an editor. Most of the time, their editors produce as they go. This makes for a creativity that feels like a randomness when watching. While this is why you can't watch for entertainment, it's also why it's great as research. From great grahic looks to a reminder that 1k tone is waaay overused as a crutch, you still want your MTV today.

Return to posts index

Michael Brodner
on Jul 29, 2009 at 1:54:04 am

what's 1K tone?

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:50:58 pm

Your reference for audio levels.
...and a fine place to start your research before ya dive into snazzy transitions.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Jul 30, 2009 at 12:30:14 am

I like a latte at a store like Barnes and Noble, and then I plow through the art books.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]