Mark Suszko
Submitted without comment for your consideration
on Jul 22, 2009 at 6:38:48 pm

Return to posts index

Dan Archer
Re: Submitted without comment for your consideration
on Jul 23, 2009 at 5:58:59 pm

Amen! Could not have been said better.

A cut is a cut & a dissolve is a disolve, and not just anybody with a system is a pro.

Return to posts index

Roy Schneider
on Jul 26, 2009 at 11:24:13 pm

So let me get this straight, editing is more then knowing how the software works. This could change everything, wait it already has.
Thanks for the post Mark, it was refreshing to see when editing was still considered an art.
Roy

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jul 27, 2009 at 1:52:10 pm

He makes me appriciate the ability to speak to a camera all the more. Orson FTW.

Return to posts index

George Roulston
on Aug 9, 2009 at 12:25:19 am

Was that a Moviola? Looked more like a KEM to me. But Orson's point was well made. I particularly enjoyed his musical analogy as one of my editing inspirations is Levon Helm, drummer of 'The Band', and imho, one of the greatest drummers ever.
Levon put it something like this: you can always lay down a 4/4 beat to any song and it'll be OK. But if you tweak the rhythms, change the beats a bit, you can make it something special. And so it is with picture cutting... Master, 2-S then CU's? Why not? Keeps the networks happy. But take the time to dig deeper, bring out those subtle touches in performance, and a scene can sing.
I often think of editors as the drummers of the movie biz, about as well appreciated but just as vital.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]