FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animation gets jagged on DVD?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Carlon
Animation gets jagged on DVD?
on Jul 20, 2009 at 8:27:03 pm

Hi everyone --

I've got an animation project that I could use some assistance on. It's assembled in FCP on a 640 x 480 timeline. The clips are 640x480 exported from AE but there were two different codecs used for export -- some were done with Animation codec and some at Uncompressed 8 bit. Because of the 640 square, I'm dropping the assembled sequence into a 720 NTSC sequence for a Compressor export. Looks great until I make a DVD (in DVDSP). When I watch the DVD on a regular tv, I'm seeing jagged edges on many of the dark lines -- anyone know what's causing this? Is this a field dominance thing? A square vs rectangular pixel thing?

thanks for any help!

J

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Animation gets jagged on DVD?
on Jul 21, 2009 at 4:40:34 pm

720 NTSC sequence? What are the sequence settings? DV? If they are then you are really compressing your footage.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Animation gets jagged on DVD?
on Jul 28, 2009 at 2:51:04 am

anytime you scale something larger than it's original; source, you will get some aliasing. Add tot hat the compression froma DVD and ya get what you are seeing.
Render at full rez and keep it as clean as ya can till ya burn at the highest kbs you can. That's really all you can do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]