FORUMS: list search recent posts

Elaborate countdowns

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Elaborate countdowns
on Jul 19, 2009 at 1:10:14 am

I remember in my younger days seeing really super-elaborate countdown slates made by folks such as Editel and others, I'm talking countdowns often more elaborate than the programs they were attached to. I know that the post houses used these as little calling cards, expecting agency people to see them and be moved to hire. But nobody else sees them except tape operators and engineers. Myself, I make my countdowns super plain, white text on a black field and the slate and countdown are the same thing, count happens in a corner of the slate, so even down to the 2-pop you can read what the title is that's about to go up.

Anyway...

I was just wondering, is the elaborate countdown a fashion trend that's gone away, or are there still Emmmy-quality countdowns being made today?

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Elaborate countdowns
on Jul 19, 2009 at 4:10:13 am

I recently made a very cool countdown involving spinning numbers and particles for Heavy Light Digital, a shop where I freelance as the online editor & colorist. Since HLD does DI and film record outs, my countdown is seen by projectionists instead of tape ops!

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]