FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing courses in NY

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete Camden
Editing courses in NY
on Jun 5, 2009 at 1:39:52 am

Hi fellas from New York.

Could anyone recommend a film editing course from New York..? Or just share experiences?

I've been full-time editor (magazine style TV/Promos)now for four years and would like to do something to change the direction of my career. To kick start my campaign I was thinking to study a bit, and get different approaches to editing and views to films in general.
My girlfriend is coming to study to NY for three or four months next spring, so I was thinking to tag along and do some further studies since it's quite tricky to get a green card. I am looking for 4 - 16 weeks course.
It would be valuable to get reviews from different courses and further details such as prices etc.

Thanks heaps dudes,

Pete

It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Editing courses in NY
on Jun 5, 2009 at 2:25:10 am

NYU has 2 film schools. One is in the Tisch school of the arts. The other is in their adult ed program, SCPS. You can get a certificate at SCPS, or just take the classes that you want without any specific curriculum.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Pete Camden
on Jun 10, 2009 at 11:10:14 pm

Thanks Arnie. Very helpful.

One more thing. I been getting more and more interested in grading and was thinking what would be the top end post-houses in NY to try to get an internship with? If the NY happens for me, it means that I've managed to get some grands to support my stay, so I would be pair of extra hands or fresh set of eyes free of charge.
You are from NY right? Knowing the vibe there, would you think this sort of scenario could be even possible to pull out.

Pete,

It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jun 10, 2009 at 11:42:08 pm

No problem! For internships, look first at Deluxe and Technicolor, those are the top labs and they're international companies. You could also try DuArt and Postworks. there are large post service bureaus like USA Studios and Voltage, and a lot of boutique post houses as well. You may want to pick up a copy of the NY411, NYPG or the MPE guide and cruise through their listings.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]