FORUMS: list search recent posts

colorist?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Roberts
colorist?
on May 29, 2009 at 12:00:16 am

Over my years being a camera/editor I have started to become interested in color grading etc... i just love it and how it really creates the mood and all that fine jazz-

How do you "become" a colorist... I realise it is way more involved that avid color correction tools and playing with sliders in magic bullet but i cant seem to find anywhere that really offers courses or anyhting like that... being that im in australia it would be a very small industry id assume.

But check the credits and everything has a colorist... anyone out there know much?

Regards,
Dale

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: colorist?
on May 29, 2009 at 3:15:32 am

It would be best for you to get involved with a lab or post house that has a good coloring suite. Be prepared to start off fairly low on the food chain.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: colorist?
on May 30, 2009 at 5:21:00 pm

It's just a matter of gearing your reel towrad what you wanna do. Spot editors will hilight cuts made between elements handed to them, graphics dudes will show bells and whistles and colorists will show before and afters of their magic.
It's no longer color correction... today it's more color creation, as every shot we touch is loved on at least a little.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]