FORUMS: list search recent posts

black to white logo

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Koza
black to white logo
on May 14, 2009 at 7:34:07 pm

Hi there,

I'm in need of some creative help, if possible. I work in Final Cut Pro, and have Motion and After Effects.

I need to go from black with white text tracking, into a company logo that is white, and this isn't the first time I've had to do this for a job, but I'm never really happy with the look. Is there some sort of trick in making this look better/cleaner? The client never really wants any type of fancy transition or effects, and a simple cross dissolve is yuk.

The logo was 4:3, but the footage is wide. I took the logo into photoshop and placed it into a new white image at 720X480....and then exported as a JPEG, so it can be it's own image. I supposed nesting would have been better?

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lisa

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: black to white logo
on May 14, 2009 at 8:05:31 pm

Can you post what you have done in the past, I'm not a 100% sure what you mean.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 15, 2009 at 2:08:30 pm

Go with tif instead of jpeg where possible, your quality will be better.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on May 15, 2009 at 4:31:26 pm

You'll wanna keep the logo a psd file or a png so it reaimans alpha friendly and uncompressed. You can make one black in photoshop and one white. When you animate the first one in AR, you find you can simply duplicate that layer then alt drag your other logo onto that layer, replacing the bkack one with the white one (or vice versa). Now all attrubutes match perfectly and you need only keyframe an opacity change.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 15, 2009 at 8:39:14 pm

Agree on PSD, disagree on PNG, only because PNG doesn't hold as "much" alpha information as a tif or targa does. PNG are more space-efficient though, like jpegs that can also carry some alpha info. But if alpha is important, I would say TIF or Targa.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 15, 2009 at 9:02:31 pm

If you are just simply going from a Black Logo to a White one or visa versa just import your "White" logo, add a Levels filter and mark a keyframe. Then go to where you want it to be "black", adjust the levels to make it black and then you have a logo that smoothly goes from white to black.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Lisa Koza
on May 16, 2009 at 4:02:14 am

Hi, thanks for your responses. I'm not going from a Black logo, to a white logo, I'm going from some black with white tracking words, into a white logo.

This is what I've done so far on my rough edit.

http://www.lisakoza.com/production/goodshepherd.html

Lisa

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]