FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick question about pricing

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Frank
Quick question about pricing
on Apr 14, 2009 at 10:18:35 pm

hey, I'm just curious on how much this would cost:

Using royalty free pictures video and audio you have to make a 1 min advertisement of a persons website = $?

making a 10 second intro video of 3/2D graphics using After Effects (all original) = $?

Can anyone give me an estimate?

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Quick question about pricing
on Apr 15, 2009 at 2:21:34 am

In Madison Wi about $500-1000 for the 1 minute piece, not including VO if needed.

For the 10 second animation maybe about the same if they want it pretty layered. But there are simpler approaches to this so I might give the same range.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 15, 2009 at 5:23:23 pm

There's a lot of "if" involved. How MANY royalty-free stills? I have done 30-second montages with as few as five stills, and others with around a hundred. I would want to look at some kind of sketch or loose storyboard to understand the level of compositing and effects work involved. And I would calculate the cost based on overall estimated hours.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Apr 15, 2009 at 9:52:13 pm

It's still kind like asking how much a car cost. Wide range of options and prices but in a nutshell, about a grand each.

Return to posts index

John Frank
on Apr 16, 2009 at 6:55:15 am

I seen on this forum a guy selling 1 min videos of basic transitions between same themed pictures and a music track with some transitioned lines of text, he was whipping them out for 20$ a piece to people left and right and I thought it was kind of a cheap price from what I heard videos go for (I've never actually edited for money, really confused about what to charge I see different prices everywhere, just trying to find a right price before I promote my service to anybody. I'd hate to charge 400$ on a 1500$ job :S) anyway that's why I asked here, here's an example of a video he did

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Apr 20, 2009 at 6:06:27 am

man you can seen all kinds of wack stuff on the net.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]