pet peaves?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner hester
pet peaves?
on Apr 7, 2009 at 10:32:50 pm

I dunno if I even spelled that right. lol
But I know you have em!
Mine is my own dang fault. I've now summons myself to a literal closet to edit in:
http://grinnerhester.com/096.jpg
http://grinnerhester.com/094.jpg
I did this in attempt to place the client on the couch while I do my thang without anyone breathing on me. Many do but I have one client who has to get all up on me, placing scripts where the mouse obviously navigates, all reakin of cologne from the 80s, and my big pet peave...putting his nut-scratchers all on my monitors.
dammit don't touch the monitor!
lol

I love the guy so I say nothing but dadgum, man. give a brother some space. I'm just gonna have to start farting in there to keep it secure.

Return to posts index

Rocco Forte
Re: pet peaves?
on Apr 7, 2009 at 11:41:09 pm

Probably been posted a zillion times, but what the heck. #1 pet peeve for me summed up here:

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Apr 8, 2009 at 1:15:32 am

man those are awesome fun.
Some of em actually originate within the corporate offices at A-B. Matter of fact, if you've ever heard the "Mr way too much calogne wearer" spot, that's about the very same dude who was in my suite this afternoon.
lol
true story.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 8, 2009 at 12:12:30 am

Grinner,

Eat some cabbage and beans about 2 hours before your next session. It's crude, but effective.

John
Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Apr 8, 2009 at 12:51:13 am

Love the lava lamp. I'm wondering if there's someway to integrate that with the scopes?

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Apr 8, 2009 at 1:17:51 am

I had to upgrade to lava lamps from candles after the big waxident during a session with ESPN episode in 2000.
lol
Dude I literally had an ice scraper from my car after the keyboard and console as a producer tapped his foot. I was all "well it freakin smells awesome in here, right?"

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 8, 2009 at 1:48:16 pm

Peeve. You spell it P e e v e. Dammit.:-)

Return to posts index

Corey Rybicki
on Apr 8, 2009 at 6:47:00 pm

pet peaves?

When a "big shot" producer gives you a 2d photo of a couch and asks you to spin around it like in the matrix....

Return to posts index

jon agnew
on Apr 8, 2009 at 8:07:17 pm

When the director says of a take, "That was perfect! Do it again just like that!" Then spends the next hour trying to recreate the perfect shot that's already in the can.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 8, 2009 at 8:25:18 pm

Eight hours of editing, 5 by 6 room, client next to you has halitosis and/or too much cologne on. Ugh. I keep a big bowl of breath mints on the table at all times, trying to give a hint.

Return to posts index

Wayne Vollweiler
on Apr 10, 2009 at 5:44:19 pm

22-year-old-know-it-alls who's daddy bought them a mac, fcp and a camcorder. Obviously they know better than a 22 year induxtry veteran...

Return to posts index

Trent Whittington
on Apr 12, 2009 at 6:49:08 am

pet peeves?

People standing over my shoulder!!! Learn to sit once and a while.

Trent Whittington - Currently studying Associate Degree in Digital Television

iMac - 24inch 3.06Ghz, FC STUDIO 2, Adobe Production Premium CS4.
Asus eee - 8.9inch 1.6Ghz 1Gb Ram, Windows XP

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Apr 12, 2009 at 1:34:33 pm

I hate it when editors lack creativity so much they resort to using 1k tone to edit out cuss words.

I hate it more when producers lack content so much they make editors create cuss words by using 1k tone.

When and how did this become the norm? Why not hide boobies with freakin color bars then?
When I hear a beep on any channel it's my invitation to grab the remote.

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Apr 15, 2009 at 6:09:36 pm

You mean like how TBS ruins (I mean re-edits) movies...

Return to posts index

Rocco Forte
on Apr 16, 2009 at 8:09:38 pm

Being told the sound is bad when I can hear the sound is bad. Listening to what WAS SUPPOSED to have happened when I can clearly see what actually happened. And being explained all the intricacies of the construction of a shot I know won't make it to final cut. Let's just edit the damn thing already!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]