FORUMS: list search recent posts

Books for beginners...?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elijah levine
Books for beginners...?
on Feb 25, 2009 at 3:18:00 pm

I am soon to set the wheels in motion for the purchase of my first (?) digital video editing rig.

It has been a lengthy process to get this far.

What I have realised is that I need some really good guidance ie. books--most certainly on editing--and perhaps on digital video editing software and hardware.

I would like to ask the more experienced here what 1,2 or 3 books they would recommend to a beginner?

I don't know if I will become an editor full-time, but certainly will need to have a good grasp of the essentials, at the least.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Books for beginners...?
on Feb 25, 2009 at 9:07:26 pm

This is a huge question. The list of suggestions could be very long. But one very common suggestion would be anything by Walter Murch. He's easy to read and covers important topics. Go look him up on Amazon and get used copies of his shorter works for a start, and note the suggested additional books Amazon recommends from that link.

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
on Feb 26, 2009 at 5:44:48 pm

If it's for narrative editing; The Eye is Quicker is a great choice.

Peter

shootingbynumbers.com

Return to posts index

Libby Ryan
on Mar 31, 2009 at 9:56:58 pm

You might want to check out Videomaker's book. It has a lot of great information, for anyone getting started.

http://www.videomaker.com/store/product.php?productid=526&cat=5&page=1

Videomaker also offers a lot of free information for beginners. Here is a good place to start:

http://www.videomaker.com/learn/post-production/picture-editing/

Good luck!

Libby Ryan
Video Editing Software Tips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]