FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Editing?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Knox
Batch Editing?
on Nov 26, 2008 at 3:14:47 am

I have about 30 - 40 hours of home video from VHS that I now have saved on my PC as several .mpg files. The video is a bit rough and I want to clean it up (fade in and fade out both video and audio) for the various clips. After I have it all edited down I would like to export each clip as a separate file so I can convert the clips to ipod ready for my sister, and also be able to create a menu structure in Encore so I can put the clips on DVD's so my parents can get to the clip they want.

Here is my problem. Rendering the various clips takes forever in premiere. I don't have time to sit around and wait for each clip to render before editing the next clip. Editing the video by hand is not the problem, but rather the rending time is the problem. I currently have premiere pro 2.0, and after effects 7, but I don't know of any great way to batch export that works. Anybody have any great ideas? I am open to downloading some freeware or demos to make it work if you have any great ideas. Remember, I would like to fade in and out both video and audio to various clips. My dream would be to edit it all in advance then let it run and walk away for a day or two and let it render.

I know, I know... with final cut this would be easy, but some day when I'm rich I'll by a Mac. In the meantime I'll struggle along with my PC... If anyone can help I really want to get this done by Christmas, this is my big Christmas present to my family this year. Anyone know what I can do?

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Batch Editing?
on Nov 27, 2008 at 7:32:47 pm

you'll find many encoders that'll let ya render multiple files and even set up automated sessions for you when you drop a certain file into a certain folder... it'll just do it for ya.
I use sorenson squeeze. you'll find you can drop your library in there, assign some settings to al clips and just let it cook.

Return to posts index

Johnny Knox
Re: Batch Editing?
on Dec 2, 2008 at 6:41:53 pm

Do you know of any encoders that are free. I don't have 500 bucks to drop right now?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]