FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Pro Sound Effects library suggestions

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Jenkins
Need Pro Sound Effects library suggestions
on Nov 7, 2008 at 7:23:48 am

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Im looking for professional sound fx library.
Currently Im working on a project where i need several "CSI" type swoosh/woosh transition sounds, and would also like a full library of the standard must have sound effects. Im really looking for the best.
I see so many cheesy libraries online and want to avoid those.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Darren Edwards
Re: Need Pro Sound Effects library suggestions
on Nov 7, 2008 at 11:11:11 am

Professional broadcasters use orgs such as Audio Network.
http://www.audionetworkplc.com/sound-effects

You can preview low-bit clips, but you get what you pay for.

D.

x-gf.com

Return to posts index

Jon Hornbacher
on Nov 7, 2008 at 4:04:15 pm

Check out Video Copilot's Designer Sound FX. Pretty solid swooshes and such -- don't love the music bites, but the FX are good.

Also, I just used a disc called HD Sound Tools. You can find it out there for 250, but the web site seems to not be working. I used this for the following rough cut (used video off the web as I await tapes from BBC). All of the non-dialogue audio was from this effect library, including explosions and drum build-up. The techno track at the front and end tag were not from this library... This is a really good quality sound effect library, but a little low on total effects for the price.

http://www.tiltmedia.com/samples/MI5_LONG.wmv

--jon--

Jon Hornbacher
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Nov 8, 2008 at 12:27:22 am

I always had great results with Sound Ideas. If you get the full set of volumes, you should have just about everything you will ever need.
It isn't cheap, but well worth the money.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Las Vegas, Nevada
Charlie@proking.net

Return to posts index

TJ McCormick
on Nov 8, 2008 at 1:27:05 am

Hollywood Edge has really rich sound effects, but not sure of pricing. Also, Digital Juice has a SFX library, which you can test drive online. The nice thing about DJ, is that once you pay for them, the soundFX are yours to keep.

from the Flamingo Las Vegas,

TJ McCormick

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Nov 8, 2008 at 1:54:09 am

they have a buy one get one free deal this week.

Return to posts index

Brad Jenkins
on Nov 8, 2008 at 2:46:29 am

Sounds Great, thanks for all the suggestions everyone

Brad J.

Return to posts index

Jon Hornbacher
on Nov 8, 2008 at 4:27:49 pm

Also, FCP ships with a bunch of Sound Ideas effects, with plenty of serviceable whooshes found in the Audio folder in your Library. I've used those to death as well...

--jon--

Jon Hornbacher
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Dan Nethery
on Nov 10, 2008 at 5:47:35 pm

Hey brad... Video Copilot's Designer Sound FX.... best thing you can buy for $100. We produce a few shows for ESPN and this is all we use for them. He also has a few good tutorials to go with it. It's pretty inspiring if you do a lot of cutting to the beat or song transitions. It would be nice if he had a a bunch musical stings.. but it is great for the money.

Return to posts index

Bob Ricks
on Feb 16, 2010 at 3:11:00 am

I've found that these guys have the largest variety and collection and carry all libraries mentioned (virtually all professional sound effects and production music libraries I've ever come across): http://www.Sounddogs.com/

If looking for a bigger size of a SFX library I would recommend the SoundStorm library. Very Hollywood sounding (academy award winning): http://www.SoundStorm.com/

I believe at Sounddogs they can also compile different libraries onto a single custom built.

Unbelievable customer support BTW (big fan, saved my bum on several late night deadline sessions).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]