FORUMS: list search recent posts

effects

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael gaunt
effects
on Oct 23, 2008 at 8:21:10 pm

hi everyone, im a high school ameture film maker, i had a few questions about the HBO series Band of Brothers. In it, during all the action seens, i.e. running, battle scenes, explosions, they have possibly a filter that they've used to make it a little grainy, it also looks a little bit like its in slow motion, it could be because it was filmed in progressive scan and the camera is moving too fast and makes it look grainy or possibly because they used a weird shutter speed. i f you know please help, im about to start production and would like to use it in my film. thanks mike

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: effects
on Oct 24, 2008 at 2:14:30 am

It was shot on film, so there is your grain. The way they can process the film can bring out the grain more. And the stuttery effect is in fact a shutter speed effect. Again, this was shot with a film camera, so a lot of this was done in the camera and via processing of that film. And the fact that the color corrected in a DaVinci (high end) color corrector.

Depending on your camera, you can adjust the shutter for the stuttery effect, and the grain can be had with filters (CGM Film LE, Nattress Film Effects...for FCP).

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rory Brennan
on Oct 24, 2008 at 9:13:58 pm

And unless you shoot with a good camera in a well lit scene, adding grain to what will most likely be grainy DV isn't going to turn out as desired.

RB

Rory Brennan
Editor
New York City

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Nov 6, 2008 at 1:40:10 am

you can colorize and grain it up to your liking and you'll find adding a bit of strobe adds intensity to any action scene.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]