FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need some hints on how to do this effect in Apple Motion

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Need some hints on how to do this effect in Apple Motion
on Oct 10, 2008 at 4:31:51 pm

(Cross-posted to the Motion forum as well)

I have an idea for an fx shot in a blood donation spot that involves a red line that starts at one side of the screen, from say a small red box, screen right over white limbo, and draws across in a serpentine sort of way, branching off to terminate into numerous, let's say simple square boxes. screen left. See, I can't show needles going into arms, but I want to create a visual of the plastic tubing carrying the donated blood to multiple recipients.

What I don't have are 3-d stroke or Illustrator to make a vector path. I can probably hack something together in Lightwave, but was hoping to do everything in FCP and Motion for this. The LW route is going to be a huge time sink and I need something to show a client today.

The 3-d stroke needn't actually be 3-d, just serpentining, kind of like following a wandering garden hose. As the red line branches off, I'll have litle red boxes on the branches fill, and maybe pop in pictures of people's faces with them, showing how one donation helps many.

Motion is not a program I'm strong in yet, so any suggestions regarding how you would execute that in Motion are welcome. Most welcome indeed before about 2PM central today:-P

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stace Carter
Re: Need some hints on how to do this effect in Apple Motion
on Oct 10, 2008 at 5:32:34 pm

Quick and Dirty: Create it in PhotoShop and have a mask wipe it on from Left to Right.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Need some hints on how to do this effect in Apple Motion
on Oct 17, 2008 at 12:59:10 pm

You can create the blood lines in Motion, just use the bezier or b-spline tool. Then add a "Write on" behavior, which will animate the line you drew. It works really cool. You could draw and animate the whole thing in Motion 3 if you wanted.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]