FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need some feedback- concert/music production

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Bond
Need some feedback- concert/music production
on Oct 7, 2008 at 3:58:54 am

Hi there,
I'm writing in hopes of getting feedback on a show that I produce. I'm relatively new to the video production world, and I am anxious to improve...so feel free to tell me like it is.

The show is a local music program where each episode features one band with live performances and interviews. The last 3 episodes I shot can be seen here (watching just one episode will give you enough of a reference): http://gallery.me.com/mikebonline

I feel like the episodes start out okay, but get a little stale after a couple of minutes. Would you agree or is it just me?

What can I do to improve? Is it something in the edit? Do the cameras need more movement? I'd love to add more cameras, but it's not in the budget. (I'm already having the band perform their songs twice, so we can shoot more angles...not ideal, but it kinda works.)

A million thanks,

Mike Bond

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Need some feedback- concert/music production
on Oct 9, 2008 at 11:30:44 pm

Watchin' the Heston video, and they're really good.

You might want to consider a jib/dolly combo gadget to execute niftier shoots. But otherwise this does a great job of doing what it should do: promote the band, although in the wide shot the drummer is hidden.

Return to posts index

Mike Bond
Re: Need some feedback- concert/music production
on Oct 10, 2008 at 2:25:23 pm

Yes, Heston is really good. That's baby making music:)

I need to do some research on a jib or a dolly, like you suggested. I'd love to work that in, but I've been assuming that I cannot afford to bring that out. I'll look into it, though... maybe I can convince my client of it's worth.

I think I'm going to try and get a little bit more movement from the camera operators on my next shoot. Nothing obnoxious, just a little more than I've got now.

Thanks so much!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]