FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help using TBC

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julio Castaño
Help using TBC
on Aug 25, 2008 at 11:44:31 am

I have just bought a TBC (Av tools CTB 530-TR) .
I need to capture (digitize) for editing 100 old S-VHS tapes with timing errors, but I am newby using a TBC. Until now I have always work with Betacam or digital video sources.
I have connected the TBC between my S-VHS player and the capture workstation, but the vertical lines continue to look a little wavy.
Please, has the TBC its own internal sync generator, or it is always neccesary to connect an external sync source (genlock)?
Can I do anything in order to fix this "wavy" vertical lines? Maybe adjusting horizontal or vertical positioning with Proc Amp controls?
Excuse me for my silly questions. I am newbye, but it is an important work for me.
Thanks in advance.

Julio C. Castaño
Spain.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Help using TBC
on Sep 1, 2008 at 9:05:48 pm

a black burst generator would have done ya better than a TBC (unless the levels are just too illegal for it to play).
You'll need to hook it up to external sync unless it offers it's own.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Help using TBC
on Sep 2, 2008 at 7:37:49 pm

just to be clear, lots of people say Time Base Corrector (TBC) when they REALLY mean a proc-amp. This mixup happens because a lot of the devices combined tthe two functions in one box, but I don't think I ever messed with time base more than one percent of the time while using our Microtime, but I played the proc amp controls like they were an xbox.:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]