FORUMS: list search recent posts

Art of Edit Training DVD

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Joseph
Art of Edit Training DVD
on Aug 24, 2008 at 2:06:37 pm

Hi there

I am trying to find an editing training DVD about editing techniques. Something that covers things like picking shots, making cuts work, pacing, structure, finessing that sort of craft stuff. Whilst there seem to be countless titles on what buttons to press to add a radial blur, there don't seem to be any on how to make a good programme! There must be something out there, any advice please?

Thanks PJ.

Return to posts index

Dalton Cox
Re: Art of Edit Training DVD
on Aug 29, 2008 at 9:18:28 pm

I don't have a dvd but have a good book for you.

"the eye is quicker" by richard d. pepperman

Return to posts index

Paul Joseph
on Aug 31, 2008 at 12:23:58 pm

Thanks Dalton, I'll give it a try. I've seen that there have been a couple of similar posts, and nobody recommends any dvds. Incredible, but that seems to be the way it is. It looks like I'm going to be watching a lot of telly with the sound off!

Cheers PJ.

Return to posts index

brendan dalziel
on Sep 2, 2008 at 10:15:57 pm

I would also recommend what i feel is the bible for beginners and even a good refresher for experienced editors. Grammar of the Edit by Roy Thompson. This is a must read if you want to learn the structure of editing.... Also a really good read is (In the Blink of an Eye by Walter Murch)

Peace

Return to posts index

Paul Joseph
on Sep 4, 2008 at 11:05:36 pm

Cool, thank you. I'll give that one a try too!

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Sep 5, 2008 at 1:54:10 pm

Unfortunately, editing is largely a process that many times creates similar results from completely different, personal approaches...

There are so many great editors out there and each has a unique method all their own.

If one were to try to approach a training DVD...perhaps one would address it as problem-solving scenarios...jump cuts, match action, scene pacing...maybe some styles for corporate video like use of graphics, etc.

A challenging task...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

CPO, Digieffects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]