FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the average film/video editor day/hourly rate for a low-budget independent feature?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cyrus Navarro
What is the average film/video editor day/hourly rate for a low-budget independent feature?
on Jun 28, 2008 at 5:09:44 am

Also, looking for rates for asst. editor, production sound mixer, and boom operator.

Thanks a lot from someone looking to stick their foot into the industry's door. =)

Return to posts index

Cyrus Navarro
Re: What is the average film/video editor day/hourly rate for a low-budget independent feature?
on Jun 28, 2008 at 6:44:05 am

I am just beginning to start my career, although I do have experience doing shorts and music videos for copy/credit.

Return to posts index

David Dawkins
Re: What is the average film/video editor day/hourly rate for a low-budget independent feature?
on Jul 2, 2008 at 12:13:33 am

There are no clear cut answers. Rates rely on location, experience, reputation, skillsets and tools. You will have to check around town to get an idea of where you stand. If you live in LA or NY the answer is different from Hartford or Tampa. As it is different again in Europe or South America.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Jul 4, 2008 at 2:45:09 pm

there is no norm at the entry level as most do it for free to get in.
Later on, you will find daily rates dance between about 250 and 700 per day, depending on experience, market, position and gear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]