FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tablet??

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brodner
Tablet??
on May 22, 2008 at 3:47:15 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this but here goes:

Can you suggest anyone suggest an affordable tablet? I'm a casual zBrusher and would like to start using one but I have no clue what's good and what's not. Help me out? Thanks man.

P.S. when the heck is Z3 comin' out for the mac? I feel left out :(

Bones

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Tablet??
on May 22, 2008 at 5:46:49 pm

Wacom Intuos. It's supported by more software than anything else, across all platforms, including Linux. get the biggest one you can afford.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on May 27, 2008 at 2:47:45 pm

I rarely use tablets myself, but our senior editor swears by his and has pretty much abandoned his mouse completely. We bought it for one particular job that needed tons of rotoscoping, but as it turns out he is now using the tablet for pretty much all computer control (I had to look for the mouse the last time I was on his system).

We got him the biggest Wacom that would fit on his desk. It's about 12x19" or so... I'm not sure if that is the very biggest Wacom but it is definitely one of the larger ones.

When we decided to buy him one I was surprised that they were pretty darn affordable. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but it was in the "few hundred bucks" neighborhood... definitely less than a grand, and it seems to work like a charm.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on May 28, 2008 at 4:37:08 pm

I bought a 12x18 Wacom tablet when they first came out to use with my Dubner TurboPainter. I liked it but found it to be a bit large. Then we went to Discreet smoke and fire and got 6x9 Wacom tablets and I have found them to be a great, usable size. The 6x11 would be great for widescreen apps. The large one took up so much space on the desk I couldn't do anything else so I've taken it out of service and will be glad to sell it for cents on the dollar. That includes the really cool wireless 5 button mouse.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

Phil Holbrook
on May 29, 2008 at 3:12:20 pm

How many cents on the dollar?

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Jun 10, 2008 at 6:03:06 pm

How about you buy me a 6x11 and I give you mine? Sorry for the delay in answering - had to do actual work. You can email me off-forum if you like.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]