FORUMS: list search recent posts

reality tv edit

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roy schneider
reality tv edit
on Apr 14, 2008 at 6:26:00 pm

Hi All:
I am trying to put together a bid budget for a reality tv edit. The production company is shooting 6 to 8 cameras 12 hours a day for 2 weeks. Matching code on 5 of the cameras. They are going to log story lines, then let editors go from there. shows are 30 minutes in the style of American Chopper.

Has anyone ever done this type of reality? What are some of the time killers in this type of edit. Approximatly how long did it take to cut each episode?

I have done many documentaries, and numerous multi-cams, but never this type of program. Just looking for some insight from those who have been in the trenches.
Roy

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: reality tv edit
on Apr 14, 2008 at 11:35:23 pm

Time-shaving only comes with repitition on these projects.
I started with over 80 hours per 30 show and can now bust em out on 40.
It sounds like ya have done this kind of editing and just don't know. It's a multi-cammed documentary. Sounds like they'll lead the way with some time codes. I am assuming you are freelancing at there place and I am assuming you will have to capture. This being done before hand makes a huge difference on your hours.
Thats a huge amount of footage. obviously the killer. Who does the sifting, I guess is the question. If you can rock with a story line and the elements, man it can be a two day gig. If your firin' up a deck and grabbin tape 1 camera 1, smoke em if ya got em for 8 daze.
thats 5 to edit, 2 to revise and 1 for cushion.

milage may vary

Return to posts index

roy Schneider
Re: reality tv edit
on Apr 14, 2008 at 11:58:16 pm

Thanks Grinner:
I estimated close in my mind, but always nice to get input from others on the firing line. Next step is for them to show me the money! Yes that's what it comes down to these days. Thank you Cuba Gooding JR!
Roy

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]