FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fitting the description to apply for a job

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Phillips
Fitting the description to apply for a job
on Mar 12, 2008 at 4:21:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm an editor and have recently begun looking for another job. In doing so, I have heard back from one employer that is requesting longer format stuff that what I have done in the past.

Currently my gig is working at a major internet provider where we would produce internet packages that would go out to affiliates around the country. These packages would feature different websites rather than focus on a "story" or "individual" per se.

The job that I'm applying for is asking for three stories that are detailed reports on a "subject"....that have a full story "arc"..etc and are at least 3-5 minutes...ie..longer form stuff.

So the difficulty here is figuring out what to send. I have no doubt that I can do the job...it's just getting the employer to realize that as well.

Any thoughts on what to send or how to approach this considering I've been doing shorter stuff?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Fitting the description to apply for a job
on Mar 12, 2008 at 8:12:36 pm

Send whatever you can that has a story. Might not be a full arc, as those scenes take too long and are too long for demo reel purposes, but show something that says "I can tell a story."

BTW, 3-5 min LONG FORM? Sorry, that is still short form. Long form is one to two hours.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Brad Phillips
Re: Fitting the description to apply for a job
on Mar 12, 2008 at 8:18:18 pm

Thanks..that advice makes sense.

Your right..3-5 minutes is still short form! I've worked in trailer houses and other places doing video for broadcast doing promo type stuff. Sometimes a big story had to be told in 2 minutes...go figure.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]