FORUMS: list search recent posts

Book for Vacation Reading (Cross-posted)

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aujom Productions
Book for Vacation Reading (Cross-posted)
on Feb 27, 2008 at 11:03:50 pm

It's hard to believe, but I'm taking a week long vacation. I'd like to take a book to read. Usually I only read manuals and tutorials, but those are pretty worthless without a computer in front of me.

If you could take one industry-related book on a vacation, what would it be? Something related to: business in general, editing concepts, motion graphics concepts, videography or similar preferred. I'm an independent producer focused on After Effects and FCP. And the million other things we all do ourselves these days (shooting, encoding, client service, accounting, DVD authoring, etc.)

Thanks for your input! Cheers, Brian

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Book for Vacation Reading (Cross-posted)
on Feb 28, 2008 at 6:36:55 pm

Brian, you're on vacation! Read something fun!

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 28, 2008 at 8:35:01 pm

Well, I found Roger Corman's autobiography a fast, fun, and inspiring read. What a career and ovure' that guy has had and he's STILL making movies. Not usually very good ones, to be sure, however, almost all of them made a profit. Plus, he nurtured the careers of a LOT of industry giants thru the years.

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Mar 4, 2008 at 7:25:17 pm

It took me 12 - 16 hours to read Grisham's The Appeal. Easy read and relaxing altho the subject matter is depressing. He needs to write another Painted House type book.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]