in/then out(10fr). curious if any other editors tried anything
else.. thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: tv click effect??
on Jun 10, 2007 at 5:43:38 pm

I highly reccomend the fine folks at digital heaven:

http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/fcplugins/dh_retrotv.php

This should be what you're looking for. Many of their plug-ins are very cheap or free.

"Oh, you wanted to RECORD that?"

Return to posts index

ben
by
on Aug 14, 2007 at 5:02:55 pm

why dot you just shoot it off the tv?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 14, 2007 at 8:05:38 pm

Because TV's don't look or work the same anymore. The classic shrink to a dot effect happens because in the old CRT's when you turned a set off the residual heat of the electron guns made them continue to spit a weak, slowly decaying stream of electrons for a second or two after power was cut. This, combined with the decaying magnetic field of the driver coils leaking their charge, paints a very distinctive, shrinking pattern of illuminated screen phosphors that is very evocative of period CRT technology. More modern transistorized sets had active suppression of this phenomenon. You just don't see this kind of effect in modern CRTS and never in plasmas or LCD's. Unless you have a working antique TV more than 20 years old hanging around, there is no practical way to shoot the real effect witha camera now; you have to fake it one way or another.

Return to posts index

ben
by
on Aug 14, 2007 at 8:19:55 pm

i jsut say shoot it off the tv because its the simplest way to do it. i have an old 20 year tv, and so do a lot of thrift stores. it'll look the most authentic.

least thats's me. i won the 48 hour film project because instead of doing complicated FCP moves on photos, ijust shot them off of the computer screen. everyone wanted to know why the moves were so camera-like. i jsut couldnt tell them the truth, haha!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]